The process of coaching takes existing skills to a new level of performance.
It begins with assessing current competencies and comparing these skills with those required for the role the individual has already assumed.
Coaching is facilitated by:
- Primary Goals – Correcting Behavior, Skills Instruction, Performance Improvement
- Initiative – Coach directs the learning process
- Relationship – Coach is usually the immediate supervisor
- Participation – Volunteering not necessary – Commitment is essential
- Focus – Immediate problems and opportunities
- Role – Heavy on telling through feedback
- Timeline – Short-term and as required